The purpose of the CAP Professional Development Program is to help ensure that CAP has an informed, active senior membership trained in leadership, management, and functional tasks. The CAP Senior Member Professional Development Program prepares members to serve the unit, their communities, and their nation. Governing Document (CAPR 50-17).
Each level has specific requirements. As you progress through the levels, you gain knowledge and learn leadership skills. Unlike the cadet program, completing a level does not automatically earn the member a grade promotion, however, each grade has a specific minimum level completion requirement.
|Level I - Orientation||Membership Ribbon||1. Completion of Level I Orientation Course|
|Level II - Technical Training||Benjamin O. Davis Award||1. Choose a Specialty Track
2. Complete the Officer Basic Course
3. Complete the Squadron Leadership School
|Level III – Management||Grover Loening Award||1. Become Senior Rated in a Specialty
2. Attend 2 major conferences (Wing/Region or National)
3. Complete the Corporate Learning Course
4. Complete the Brig Gen Charles E. Yeager Award
|Level IV - Command and Staff||Paul E. Garber Award||1. Become Master Rated in a Specialty
2. Serve on staff :
a. Complete on the the following below -
1.Prepare and deliver a CAP-related presentation to a non-CAP group.
2. Conduct a hands-on unit aerospace education program, or an external aerospace education classroom program.
b. Occupy a command or staff position for a total of 2 years of service to CAP.
c. Serve as a staff member in a wing level course or conference, serve in a staff or
command assignment for at least two years, among other requirements.
3. Complete the Region Staff College or Equivalent.
|Level V - Executive||Gill Robb Wilson Award||1. Serve on Staff for 3 years & serve on staff for a course.
Leading and Managing. Serve on a staff in both of the following capacities:
a. Perform in a command or staff position for a total of 3 years of service to CAP.
b. Serve in a director or staff member capacity in a CAP approved course
2. Mentor a junior officer or NCO through the Technician Rating in a specialty track.
3. Complete National Staff College
Link to the Calendar for upcoming training