Wing Conference 2020
2020 New Hampshire Wing Conference,
Annual Awards and Change of Command Ceremony
Saturday, March 28th 2020 0800-1700
Conference Registration Is Now Closed.
The New Hampshire Wing Commander, Col. Darin Ninness, invites you to attend the 2020 New Hampshire Wing Conference and Annual Awards Ceremony at the New Hampshire Army National Guard Regional Training Institute in Pembroke on Saturday, March 28th 2020.
Wing Conference is an annual professional development gathering for Civil Air Patrol members. The conference affords CAP members a broad view of the Civil Air Patrol’s organization and exposes them to the issues and trends facing CAP in our current environment. The goal is to educate attendees and build relationships throughout the wing. Bring your thoughts and ideas, and be prepared to have a great conference!
(Officers: you need to attend two conferences for the completion of Level III in the Professional Development Program.
Conferences attended prior to entry into Level III count toward fulfillment of this requirement!)
There will be several separate sets of breakout sessions throughout the day with 4-5 different options or tracks during each time. Everything from Emergency Services & Operations to Aerospace Education, Information Technology, Cadet Programs and Public Affairs (more may be added!) The conference will also host the New Hampshire Wing Change of Command Ceremony at the general assembly in the morning.
Date: Saturday, March 28th 2020
Conference Schedule: Jump To the Conference Schedule Below
Location: NH ARNG RTI Pembroke, 722 Riverwood Dr, Pembroke, NH Note: most mapping programs and GPS units may not represent 722 Riverwood correctly. Riverwood Drive ends at the gate for the RTI. Click the diagram below for a detailed overview
Uniform: Class A or B USAF Blues or CAP-distinctive Blazer or Aviator shirt combo, or appropriate civilian attire. No flightsuits, no ABU/BDU uniforms.
Conference Registration Is Now Closed
2020 New Hampshire Wing Conference Schedule
(tentative and subject to update)
0700 – Registration, coffee & pastry opens
0800 – General Assembly, Awards and Change of Command
1000 – 1215 – Breakout sessions
1215 – 1315 – Lunch (included in your conference fee)
1315 – 1645 – Breakout sessions
- Role of the Activity Officer (Cadet Programs Management)
- Level 1 Foundations of Civil Air Patrol (Legislative and New Members)
- Using Flight Simulators for Proficiency and Fun (Open to all)
- Applying CAP Core Values to Contemporary Ethical Questions (For Chaplains & CDIs)
- Using “Galaxy” Volunteer New Hampshire for recruitment (Commanders & Recruiters – Guest presenter)
- Cadet News and Innovation (Open to all, presented by Mr. Curt Lafond, NHQ/CP)
- Making Public Speaking Less Scary (Open to all – Guest presenter)
- SARSAT (Emergency Services Personnel)
- How to apply to Colleges, ROTC Programs, and Service Academies (Cadets)
- Command and Setting up for Success (Senior Members)
- IT Wizards Forum (CAP Sites, Open Source Tools, Google Apps, Google Hangout training – Capt Giguere)
- Are you ready for some “Form 5s”? (Pilots and prospective pilots)
- Cadet Flight Plan (Open to all, presented by Mr. Curt Lafond, NHQ/CP)
- The Aging Pilot (Pilots & aircrew members)
- Flight Operations – Notes from an Instructor (Pilots & aircrew members)
- Navigating through Emergency Services “Service” (Open to all, for ES interested personnel and ES officers)
- Working with your Wing counterpart – Presented by NH Wing Directors and Command Staff – find your presenter something for everyone (Open to All)
- Commanders Meeting (Commanders meet with the new wing commander) (1545 to 1645hrs)
- More things coming!
Displays and activities
All day flight sim lab, Distracted/Impaired Driver Simulator, and Wind Tunnel